Saturday 1 October 2016

Beauty Review: Baie Botanique Rose Renew Range


Gone are the days when growing older meant having to face up to wrinkles. Our mothers only had nature and cold cream to help their skin look young. Now, thankfully, we have the choice of an arsenal of products and treatments to keep signs of ageing at bay.

But while I’m the first to admit I’m obsessed with looking at least a decade younger than my age, I haven’t resorted to fillers, botox or any surgery.

Yet check out my bathroom cabinet and you’ll see the shelves overflowing with serums, creams, moisturisers and gels from all over the world in my bid to keep my skin plump and free of lines.

But the best cost the most. Fact. So while I’d happily slather my face with Creme de la Mer and La Prairie every morning and evening, knowing my skin would thank me for it, I’m also equally sure that my bank balance wouldn’t.

So I’ve been searching for the perfect affordable range to work it’s anti-ageing magic for months and had almost given up - until now.

Step forward my new beauty bff, the Baie Botanique Rose Renew anti-ageing range. It boldly claims to use active botanicals to combat the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles while leaving skin brighter, softer and with a healthy glow. And guess what - it works!

Enriched with rose - the clue is in the name - the facewash, moisturiser and serum work together to help skins cell renew, which leaves it looking dewy, healthier and younger.

Every morning and night I use the Regenerating Face Wash (£15 for 125ml) to cleanse my face and neck (always go down to your decolletage, which is one of the first places to show signs of ageing) which leaves my skin feeling soft and refreshed - but not tight.

I’ve always believed in layering on products - you can never have too much moisturiser - and so next I apply the Regenerating Face Cream (£32 for 50ml) which uses a combination of rose water, rose absolute and rose hip seed oil to hydrate, plum and replenish skin. It smells faintly of rose, and drenches the skin leaving it feel smooth and radiant, but not greasy.

It works by combating cellular ageing and stopping and deactivating the effects of damaging free radicals. All this is very good news for my skin, which looks and feels as if I’ve had (expensive) microdermabrasion - when a layer of dead, dull skin is sloughed off to make way for bright, younger cells.

Finally, I slather on the Rose Renew Regenerating Serum (£34 for 30ml) which is a concentrated mix pf active botanicals designed to tone, firm and restructure the skin, getting rid of the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines. It locks in moisture, improving the elasticity of the skin, while increasing collagen production to improve skin tone.

After a month of using the range, I was asked if I was 15 - I repeat and will spell it out to, er, spell it out, fifteen - years younger than my age by a group of women I met last week so I know it's doing its job well. Not only do I look younger but my skin feels great too. It’s smoother, with less breakout as well as fewer lines. And as well as being natural and 70 per cent organic the range is made in Baie Botanique’s eco lab by an all-female team. How fab is that?

I've cleared a permanent spot on my shelves for this range. A girl can never have too many roses can she?













No comments:

Post a Comment